Meet the Lexus RX-L
Meet the Lexus RX-L! We recently reported that Lexus would debut their first three row model, the RX-L at the LA Auto Show. We shared that the a hybrid version, the RX 450hL, would also be announced.
Lexus explains about the model in the official press release, “The standard seven-seat version uses a 40/20/40 split bench-type second row seat. Access to the third row is made easy with the touch of a lever that slides and folds the second seat forward. The available six-seat configuration features second-row captain’s chairs that make third-row ingress/egress easier with “walk-in” convenience.” The model will be released to dealerships soon.
- 290-horsepower, 3.5-liter V6 engine.
- 8-speed Electronically Controlled Transmission with intelligence (ECT-i).
- Available Active Torque Control AWD system uses an electronically controlled coupling ahead of the rear differential to vary torque distribution anywhere from 100:0 to 50:50 front to rear, depending on driving dynamics and road conditions.
- Lexus Hybrid Drive with 3.5-liter V6 engine, Motor Generator 1, Motor Generator 2 and a planetary-type electronic continuously variable transmission.
- 308 total system horsepower.
- Standard AWD with independent rear electric motor-generator.
- 37 kW nickel metal hydride (Ni-MH) hybrid battery.
- A number of cutting-edge technologies enhance structural rigidity, including high-tech body adhesives and laser screw welding; liberal use of high-tensile strength steel throughout the vehicle, and annular frame construction for strengthened frame sections around the front and rear doors.
- 18-inch aluminum-alloy wheels with 235/65R18 tires.
- Two 20-inch wheel options: Split-Five-Spoke Alloy Wheels with Dark Silver and Machined Finish; Split-Five-Spoke Alloy Wheels with SuperChrome and Machined Finish and Interchangeable Painted Inserts (requires Luxury Package).
- Lexus Safety System+ includes Pre-Collision System, Lane Keep Assist, Intelligent High Beams and High-Speed Dynamic Radar Cruise Control.
- Available Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross Traffic Braking.
- For 2018, all RX and RX L models offer Enform Safety Connect and Enform Service Connect complimentary for the first 10 years of vehicle ownership.
- 10 SRS airbags including dual-stage and dual-chamber driver’s and front passenger airbags; driver’s and front passenger knee airbags; front side airbags; rear side airbags and full-length side curtain airbags for all three seat rows.
- 4-sensor, 4-channel Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA), Traction Control (TRAC), Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) and Hill-start Assist Control.
- Additionally, Smart Stop Technology automatically reduces engine power when there is simultaneous application of the brake pedal and accelerator pedal under certain conditions.
- Active front headrests help to reduce the severity of a whiplash injury in the event of certain types of lower speed rear collisions.
- Panoramic View Monitor (optional).
- 10-way power front leather seats with power lumbar adjustment.
- Memory settings standard (mirror, seat, steering wheel)
- Aluminum roof rails
- Power-folding autodimming mirrors with memory
- Rear armrest with storage box with two USB ports
- Acoustic glass windshield
- Customizable vehicle settings, including personal door-lock preferences, interior/exterior light adjustments, driver’s seat Easy Exit, and window-closure settings
- Tri-Zone automatic climate control with interior air filter
- Leather seating surfaces (first and second row)
- Leather-wrapped three-spoke steering wheel with integrated audio controls
- Lexus Display Audio with 8-inch color multimedia display and 9 speakers
- Power liftgate with optional hands-free operation
- Power tilt-and-telescopic steering column
- SmartAccess with push-button Start/Stop
- Subscription-free Traffic and Weather updates via HD Radio™
The RX 450hL enjoys the same standard equipment as the 350L, with the added feature of Captain’s Chairs as standard.
Luxury Options (Highlights)
- Premium Package with moonroof and wood trim.
- Luxury Package includes contents of Premium Package plus 20-inch super chrome wheels, heated maple steering wheel, semi-aniline leather trimmed seating, manual rear door sun shades, LED ambient illumination, four-way power lumbar, cushion extender, laser-cut gray Sapele wood with aluminum and LED illuminated door sills.
- Navigation Package with 12.3-inch display, Remote Touch Interface, advanced voice control, Lexus Enform® App Suite, Lexus Enform® Destination Assist, HD Radio with iTunes®Tagging and more.
- 15-speaker Mark Levinson® Surround Sound system (with Navigation Package).
The 2018 Lexus RX L offers five available Enform services for enhanced convenience:
- Complimentary now for the first ten years, Lexus Enform Safety Connect includes an Emergency Assistance Button (SOS), Roadside Assistance, Automatic Collision Notification, and Stolen Vehicle Notification. The Lexus Enform response center operates 24/7/365.
- Lexus Enform Service Connect (complimentary 10-year subscription now included), enables the LS to send alerts for specific factory recommended maintenance, simultaneously alerting a preferred Lexus retailer.
- With Lexus Enform Remote (one-year trial subscription included), the customer can remotely view and control certain aspects of the vehicle using a mobile app for iOS and Android devices. Once registered, the app can operate remote door lock/unlock; remote stop/start for the engine and climate control; vehicle finder, guest driver monitor, and more.
- The complimentary Lexus Enform App Suite app offer access to favorite mobile applications through the vehicle’s center console display, including Pandora®, iHeartRadio, Slacker and Yelp (with Navigation Package).
- Lexus Enform Destination Assist (complimentary for one year) acts as an in-car personal concierge, providing directions and destinations delivered by a live agent (with Navigation Package).