Lexus Announces “Co-” as Inspiration for the Lexus Design Award 2018
Lexus Announces “Co-” as Inspiration for the Lexus Design Award 2018! Over the past few years, we’ve shared and followed the Lexus Design Award, and now we are excited to share the design award inspiration for 2018- Co. The award, launched in 2013, allows creators and designers an international platform to share their ideas. Every year, Lexus goes through thousands of entries to pick the 12 finalists, which will have their work highlighted at Milan Design Week 2018.
According to the official Lexus press release, “This year’s creative theme for the Lexus Design Award 2018 is “CO-,” a Latin prefix meaning with or together in harmony. Lexus believes that great design can ensure the harmonious coexistence of nature and society. In that sense, “CO-” is an approach that allows the brand to explore its true potential and that of the environment by creating new possibilities through collaboration, coordination and connection. Now, young designers get their turn for “CO-” to inspire them to conceive a better world.”
Call for Entries to the Lexus Design Award 2018 Competition
|Title||Lexus Design Award 2018|
|Application period||July 24 – October 8, 2017|
· True to the essence of “CO-” with uniqueness in its interpretation.
· Consistent with the Lexus Design goal of making the world a better place.
|Judges||To be announced in August|
|Mentors||To be announced in August|
|Award categories||Lexus Design Award 2018 – Twelve finalists
· One Grand Prix winner (selected from the four prototype winners)
· Four prototype winners (selected from the twelve finalists)
· Eight panel finalists
|· Twelve finalists will be invited to Milan Design Week 2018. *
· Four winners among the twelve finalists will receive up to three million yen each to cover prototype production costs. The four winners will create prototypes between January and March 2018, through sessions with their assigned mentors.
· The four prototypes and eight panels will be exhibited at a Lexus exhibition space during Milan Design Week 2018.
· Each of the twelve finalists will be asked to give a presentation at Milan Design Week 2018, after which a single Grand Prix winner will be named from among the four prototypes through final review by the judges.*Note: Only one person per entry will be invited, regardless of whether the winning works are submitted by an individual or a group.
|In cooperation with||designboom|
|Application Process||For more information, visit LexusDesignAward.com|