The Best Shore Fishing Spots in Bradenton, Florida
If you look down on Bradenton from several thousand feet up—as if in an airplane—you would swear that the peninsula it occupies is shaped exactly like a stone crab claw. Which is exactly as it should be for a town so closely identified with great fishing and glorious Gulf Coast seafood. (See photos below)
From fishing piers to community parks, and from Gulf beaches to inland nature preserves, there are so many great fishing spots in Manatee County that it is impossible to declare which are the best.
As far as I’m concerned, the best place to fish is always the last place you caught one. If that doesn’t work, the other best place to fish is one that surrounds you with scenery that hoists the spirit, just in case the fishing doesn’t. Or as one local fisherman so eloquently put it: “I don’t give a rats behind if I catch a fish or not. Just being by the water, enjoying the wonder of my surroundings, is satisfying enough.”
Who could argue with that?
In a town virtually surrounded by various bodies of water—including the Gulf of Mexico, Anna Maria Sound, Palma Sola Bay, Terra Ceia Bay, Sarasota Bay, the Manatee River, and the Braden River—your only real decision is which one to choose.
Starting at the Gulf of Mexico and moving inland, here are some of Bradenton’s best choices for onshore fishing:
- Point Beach Recreation Site 793 N Shore Dr, Anna Maria, FL 34216
- Rod & Reel Pier 875 N Shore Dr, Anna Maria, FL 34216.
- Anna Maria City Pier & City Pier Park 100 N Bay Blvd, Anna Maria, FL 34216.
- Manatee Public Beach 4000 State Road 64 and Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach, FL 3421
- Leffis Key Preserve Gulf Dr S, Bradenton Beach, FL 34217
- Coquina Beach/Bradenton Beach 2650 Gulf Drive, Bradenton Beach, FL 34217
- Perico Preserve 11700 Manatee Ave W, Bradenton, FL 34209
- Palma Sola Causeway Park 9917 Manatee Ave W, Bradenton, FL 34209
- Robinson Preserve 1704 99th St NW, Bradenton, FL 34209
- Desoto National Memorial Park 8300 Desoto Memorial Hwy, Bradenton, FL 34209
- Emerson Point Preserve 5801 17th St W, Palmetto, FL 34221
- Skyway Fishing Pier State Park South Sunshine Skyway, Terra Ceia, FL 34250.
- Terra Ceia Preserve State Park 130 Terra Ceia Rd, Terra Ceia, FL 34250
- Big Fish at Bayshore Gardens Bayshore Gardens 6999 26th St W, Bradenton, FL 34207
- Bradenton Riverwalk & Riverwalk Fishing Pier 452 3rd Ave W, Bradenton, FL 34205
- Palmetto City Fishing Pier 1614 Point Pleasant Ave, Bradenton, FL 34205
- Green Bridge Fishing Pier 101 – 8th Ave. W. Palmetto, FL 34221
- Tom Bennett Park 400 Cypress Creek Blvd. Bradenton, FL 34208
- Jiggs Landing Preserve 6106 63rd St E, Bradenton, FL 34203.
- Fort Hamer Park 1605 Fort Hamer Rd, Parrish, FL 34219
- Rye Wilderness Preserve 905 Rye Wilderness Trail, Parrish, FL 34219
- Lake Manatee State Park 20007 SR 64, Bradenton, FL 34212.